Although it's autumn and coming up for winter, you can't beat a good old salad. Recently i've been trying to eat more healthily and experiment with new foods so when I discovered this simple recipe I had to share it with you. It makes a good alternative to a pre-made salad from a supermarket, I know how busy lunch time can be but don't worry, this healthy alternative will take no time to make. And it's fresh! I also think this makes a good alternative to a generic salad with lettuce and tomatoes.
Avocado, Mozzarella and Lemon juice salad:
(serves 1, or 2 if you don't want a big portion)
- 1 avocado
- 1 mozzarella ball (or you can use small mozzarella cubes)
- 1/2 a lemon
- black pepper
- 1 tbs olive
- Handful of cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Cut avocado in half, remove stone and then slice the avocado vertically and horizontally (like in the picture above) to form cubes
- Tip the avocado pieces into a bowl or container
- Chop the mozzarella up (if you're using a ball of mozzarella) then place in the bowl with the avocado and mix together
- This step is optional, chop cherry tomatoes in half and mix in with the avocado and mozzarella. I don't like tomatoes that much so I didn't add them to my salad but if you like them go ahead!
- Chop a lemon in half and then squeeze over the bowl, careful not to get any pips in, then pour olive oil over and season with black pepper
and that's it you're done! Sit back and enjoy your delicious fresh salad :)